Thursday, March 29, 2012

Julian, March 29th, 2012

Julian, you wonder child, you darling boy.  I stuff my nose deep in your neck and take a long, deep, breath in.  You smell sweet and new and beautiful, and I am drawn back to my own days as the mother of an infant.  Yet now, somehow, miraculously, you are differently dear.  Not more dear, or less...just different.  I wish for you, my sweetest boy, the finest pleasures life has to offer:  opera, jungle gyms, basketball  and Renoir.  I wish for rain puddles and belly laughs, warm and fuzzy slippers and wrinkled hands to hold you.  I wish you song birds and cherry trees and the smell of your favorite cake in my oven.  I have great plans for you,  my little love-plans of camping and road trips and sleepovers where we read under the covers with flashlights.  Come with me, my dearest angel-we'll dance in the moonlight and laugh at the wind.  The world is ours.  The memories start now.
XOXO
Grammy

9 comments:

TeamJBL said...

and if all your pictures on facebook didn't make me tear up...i'm bawling. He is one lucky little boy! Congratulations!

kathy a. said...

oh, i'm crying too. one sweet and very loved little guy. xoxoxo

susan said...

aw.....meant to be a grandma.

Susan said...

Your gift with words has never ceased to amaze me!! I continue to be a cry baby, especially when it comes to our grands. Your lives have been change forever and you will all wonder what you all did with yourselves before Julian!! xo

Rev Dr Mom said...

I know the sweet love of being a grandmother, and your articulation of it brings tears to my eyes!

Congratulations and much joy to you all!

liz said...

What a beautiful message for your beautiful grandson! Mazel tov!!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful!
And so is your letter to him!
Congratulations!
--Neighbor Lady

WCGM said...

Dear Julian - You have entered this world with unlimited love in your back pocket and many, many friends to help your parents, grandparents and extended family take good care of you. You are a wealthy child indeed!! Grow strong and wise and nothing will block your success!

Starr said...

Awwww, so sweet. Congratulations! :-)