Monday, July 11, 2011

Where I'm From


I am from cameras, from Hellman's Mayonnaise and humor.  And from Scotties and Tuxedo cats named after authors.
 
I am from the Big yellow house, warm, honey-dipped and steeped in pool chlorine. 
 
I am from the peonies, the cardinals, and the black-capped chickadees.
 
I am from road trips and wiseasses, from Aida and He Who Must Be Obeyed. 
 
I am from the sarcastic and the compassionate.
 
From Democrat in Republican clothing and flat-out Republican
 
I am from recovering Catholics.
 
I'm from Pennsylvania and New York and Canada, from fine French Food and too much wine.
From the Car People and the Loving People and the Dog Lovers.
 
I am from handmade photo albums filled with black and white pictures with ruffled edges and deep cracks.

3 comments:

susan said...

lovely (especially the last line).

liz said...

Beautiful.

Susie Q said...

This is so good. I didn't know you were back up and running. I'm so glad!