Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Day



I get  a lot of vacation at my job.  Along with the pleasure of working side-by-side with a mostly funny, cooperative group of people and having respect for my boss, my time off is probably my main pleasure at work.
This year, I really relaxed on my Christmas time off.  I read a lot, I hung out with the kids a lot, and I enjoyed the company of my friends and extended family.
My vacation was over on Tuesday.  Today my tree comes down.  Usually by this time I'm sick of it-the tree is often brown, the needles are all over, and it gives everyone an excuse for not carrying their stuff upstairs.
This year, the tree is still green and I know once it's down, my Older Daughter's return to grad school is imminent.  My Younger Daughter will be home from college for another week or so.  I'm sort of not liking the last day.

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You and I are both very fortunate work wise. We both get to go to work and be with people we like and enjoy.

Miranda said...

Thanks for reminding me of the good things about my job which also allows a great deal of time off and flexibility. It is good to see you on this space again.

liz said...

I hear that. I'm pretty sure I'm taking the whole week off next year to spend it with my son.

Barbara said...

Um, sorry, a bit off topic, but..... those slippers look really cozy!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Barbara-they ARE! They are from a store in Maine called L.L. Bean, and they are called "Wicked Good Slippers."

Barbara said...

Lol, brilliant name for them!