Saturday, January 1, 2011

January to June 2010


January to June 2010
Originally uploaded by Yankee T
2010 was, for my family, a very good year, marked with much success and many changes. The World's Best Bleeding Heart Attorney ended her career at Juvenile Court, where for six years she represented the best interest of the child in dependency and neglect cases. Exhausting, draining work. On January 3, she hangs her shingle on her own practice. We are excited and apprehensive at once.
Both girls graduated and moved on in their academic careers. I passed the 10-year mark at my job, working for a company that has been very, very good to me, and which I never for granted, not for a second.

I made new blogging acquaintances, some of whom have suffered unspeakable losses. I hope with everything that is in me that Jackie, Katie, and Mandy find relief in the new year.

We look forward to 2011. My sketchbook project is coming along, and I am going to once again attempt blogging regularly. I wish everyone peace and tranquility in the upcoming year.

Bring it on!

6 comments:

robin andrea said...

Glad to see you posting again, Yankee T. I look forward to more posts! Happy New Year!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You did have have such a big 2010!

Happy New Year!

kathy a. said...

happy new year, YT! best to everyone.

Susan said...

Great news! I am so happy that you and your family have had some sunshine in your lives!! Love you!!

Barbara said...

Hurray! Hello again.

comebacknikki said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad to see you're back! :)