Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Birthday Cards


Birthday Cards
Originally uploaded by Yankee T
Years ago, when I first adopted my Older Daughter and money became incredibly tight, I gave up purchasing three things for myself: wine, cut flowers, and greeting cards. Prior to that, I had been the Queen of the Card, with quite an investment in a drawer. Over time, as I became more financially stable, the wine and flowers re-entered my sphere, and although I still spent more than I should on note cards and stationery, because of the proliferation of e-greetings, my card-sending didn't really ever get back up to my old standards.
In 2010, I started anew. I tried, with some success, to send a birthday card to every family member and as many friends as possible.
I vow to do even better in 2011. As you can see, a card sender is also a card recipient. Here is this year's haul of birthday cards.
I love them, and I will hate taking them down.

6 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I know that people are so pleased to get cards from you. I loved getting my Christmas card from you....my favorite of all that I have ever received!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Mindy, you are too sweet.

kathy a. said...

so sweet! why not leave them up?

Yankee, Transferred said...

Oh, Kathy, because then I couldn't DUST like a lunatic!

Audrey Mango said...

It's been a while! I think it's time for me to send you some encouraging vibes! Keep up the good work!

Audrey Mango said...

Are you okay there?? I think of you whenever I hear Memphis in the news!!