Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Sketchbook Project - Take II

The kids are gone to their respective schools and are happily settled.   The Attorney and I are in a wonderful place in our lives.  We've hit a rhythm.  And it's slow.  In August, I had three photographs in a local show.  Right now, I have my first "different" project going.  You can read about it here.  The opening was a couple of Fridays ago, and the show comes down this Friday.  I learned a lot.  I'll do it again next year, but with improvements.
Now, I have found a similar, but much larger project.  I'm going to start it soon.  Like tonight.  Or tomorrow.  Or this weekend.  It has to be mailed in January, and it has many, many pages.  Some will be photographs, some will be poetry, some will be calligraphy.  I think.  But I'm not sure.  But y'all, here's the thing:
I'M SCARED.  I have no self-confidence when it comes to this.  So I hope you'll follow my progress, and maybe, just maybe, someone will live near one of the shows and you'll see it next year.
Help me, wouldja?  I need encouragement.
So here's the beginning.  Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

You go! That sounds awesome.

I haven't worked on my photography in ages....should get back to it.

kathy a. said...

this is fabulous! what color sketchbook did you choose?

no worries. just do some every day. what you notice and care about is just perfectly wonderful.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OOOhhhh how FUN! This is totally you!

You have all of this woderful creativity and words rolling around inside of you just waiting for a way to get out...this is perfect!!

kathryn said...

Ms C - you are gonna rock this project. 'cause your strong minded; artistic; goal oriented; and a finisher. right? am i right? damn straight.

Anonymous said...

Dearest little sis,
you have nothing to be scared of. Your life is one of the richest, most creative journeys anyone has ever embarked on. The book will surely reflect that.

Can't wait to see it!

Love,
me

Scrivener said...

That looks like a great project. Coolness!

Susie K. said...

Go Yankee T! I can't wait to see more! You can do it! Rock it!

WCGM said...

The whole thing sounds pretty daunting to me. I'd have to create a database or something un-creative.

But, knowing you, it will be awesome and will also introduce you to another side of yourself. Git 'er done!!

papier et encre said...

Oh you will love it once you get into it. I was a bit nervous too. Until this year I'd never done any art except photography either. I've stuck a few pictures in: http://makenart.blogspot.com/p/sketchbook-project-2011.html

alwaysmomof4 said...

Glad to be among the "blogging," and "commenting," again. Excited that I dropped by today to see the big project in the works.

I went to the official website and Chicago is one of the tour stops! Can't wait to see your sketchbook when it stops in Chicago. You can do it.
Jackie

Leslie M-B said...

I signed up for this, too, and I, too, am petrified. It's so hard to get started! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.