Wednesday, April 21, 2010

36 Years Ago This Week


These are my parents. This photo was taken on April 20th, 1974, at the wedding of my dear friends, J and B.


My father's detached look was, well, because he was pretty much detached in those days. He got better with age. My mother's smile was genuine. She loved people, and social occasions made her smile. Plus she loved my high school friends.


Most of my life I have been told I look like my father. Now I know it's wrong. I see myself in Mom.


I miss them both. A lot.

7 comments:

KathyR said...

I saw it right away. And I've never met you or your mom.

Yeah, the missing them part never goes away all the way. Sorry. Hugs all around.

Suniverse said...

Oh, I definitely see you in your mom. The smile, for sure.

What a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I recognize those parents - and miss them too.
But the shocking thing is - when did 1974 get to be THIRTY-SIX years ago - lol. That one snuck up on me.
ChrisPr

Yankee, Transferred said...

ChrisPr?

Susie K. said...

I like that picture. Grandma looks pretty.

Anonymous said...

Susie, she was pretty. Your grandpa's expression really is indicative of the kind of person he was most of my young life, unfortunately.

Yankee's older sis

Audrey Mango said...

Yes, you look so much like your mom!