Sunday, February 28, 2010

56-57/365 Two Twenty Eight Twenty Ten: Weekend

Chicago! Over the years, like most families, our travel choices have been dictated by multiple factors: Occasions, location of offspring/family/friends, finances. We have kept a piggy bank and thrown our change in, and given ourselves travel gifts from the collection. One year we had enough money to bring a friend to visit. Another year, a niece. This year, we are taking ourselves to Chicago. We have weathered some storms with money and health (The Attorney was diagnosed with MS in June) and feel we deserve a treat. We'll be in New England in May to watch our fabulous Older Daughter graduate from college, and when we return a dear friend of The Attorney will be in Chicago. We have other friends there, as well as The Attorney's only brother, and it's among our favorite cities. So off we go, aided in no small part by our piggy bank's contents, which are now safely deposited in the "real" bank. Or how I spent my Saturday morning.






Today when I settled in to read the Sunday paper and drink my coffee, I noticed the shadow coming through the south-facing front window-it is our blinds and one of our crape myrtle trees. It reminded me a bit of the photo down below of the building in Paris with the tree shadows painted on it.
Hope it was a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! So nice to see you back!

Barbara said...

Golly, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it will be ok, I don't really know enough about it. Hugs to you both.

I love that bottom picture - I hope you painted your wall where the shadows were to get the same effect!

Susie K. said...

What a lucky niece! Have a great time in Chicago. Good decision! And the second picture reminds me of that Parisian building too. Love it.

kathy a. said...

love the photos, and the getaway you have planned!

very sorry to hear about the attorney's diagnosis. i don't doubt for a second that the two of you will keep on Living and loving and doing fabulous things anyway, because that's who you are. xoxox