Tuesday, February 16, 2010

47/365 Two Sixteen Twenty Ten: RELENTLESS


There is that one day with roses-that day right before it's a minute too late.

today is that day.





And now, for my relentless sister: the Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe:
Ingredients: 2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
3-1/2 cups water
2 cups chopped parsley
1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded, diced small
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 small cloves garlic, minced (1-1/2 teaspoons)
1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place the quinoa into a fine-mesh colander, and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Place quinoa and water in a saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and spread the grains out evenly on a plate (I use a cookie sheet) and chill completely before mixing with the remaining ingredients.
Combine the cooked quinoa, parsley, tomatoes, lemons juice, olive oil, garlic, and mint. Season with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

Your happy sis said...

Thank you so much. I'm dying to make this. Will make it tonight and enjoy it tomorrow.

I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!!!
I am looking forward to trying it!
:)Neighbor Lady

Your satisfied sis said...

I just made this tonight and served it to my husband who hates anything he doesn't recognize (quinoa being on that list).

He loved it.

And I loved it.

I used canned peeled plum tomatoes, only because most fresh tomatoes taste like wax to me.

It was heavenly. And I made the whole batch, so I'll have quinoa for a few days to come.

Love you so much!

Barbara said...

Mmm, sounds lovely. Well done for finally posting it!