Tuesday, February 2, 2010

32-33/365 Two Two Twenty Ten: Ambivalence

The World's Best Bleeding Heart Attorney and I have made some changes inside the house. Our nest is officially empty. We have too many bedrooms, and not enough space for ourselves. She needs an office, I want a room for my creations, such as they are: photographs, origami, greeting cards, etc. We have taken what were the girls' rooms and changed them around-we still have plenty of room for them when they come to visit, but nothing looks exactly the same.



Behold "The Yellow Room", before and after. This has gone from a teenager's room to a guest room. I feel very torn.












5 comments:

kathy a. said...

aw. the room looks lovely. the whole transition from child to independent adult is, well, not that easy. we don't forget all the earlier times. but on the other hand, there is no sense in keeping shrines to the children who once were, but no longer live there.

my son's former bedroom has been my office for a while. we moved him to a smaller bedroom right before he actually launched on his own -- that one is now his dad's office and a guest room. daughter's bedroom is pretty much intact for now, but it will also see a transition in the next year or two.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am liking it. I think you are just going to get used to the idea.

AmpersandPrime said...

Nice work!

We have an empty nest now too, except for the occasional extended visit.

I'm glad you two were able to rearrange to suit your new phase of life.

Your Sis said...

Very nice. Now, can we please have the recipe for the quinoa?

bsouth said...

I'm with your sis!!

I can't comprehend not having children in the house. I have a good 20 years ahead of me (at least) I reckon.