Saturday, January 2, 2010

One Two Twenty Ten


Today the tree ornaments came down. The lights are still up, and the cards, which I love, linger.

Here is a narrow shot of the mantel with a few of the cards showing-we got a lot this year-lots of photo cards of friends and family. Lovely!

Tomorrow, it's all down for the year. The cards will be saved in a zippered baggie. I cannot bear to get rid of them! I'll take them out next December and compare them to the updated ones.


I'm looking forward to this year.

3 comments:

kathy a. said...

cozy and sweet. i am jealous of your mantle. the 2 tiers are perfect for displaying the whatever.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your fireplace is as inviting as your front porch.

bsouth said...

Lovely mantel. I keep all my cards as well. My husband thinks I'm potty but it seems such a shame to throw them away.