Monday, January 18, 2010

18/365 One Eighteen Twenty Ten: I Have A Dream


I volunteer my time at an organization called Hope House. There, we provide day care, counseling, parenting classes, housing, and a host of other services to children affected by/infected with HIV/AIDS. I serve on the Board, I organize donations from my colleagues, I work at special events, and until recently I rode the bus in the morning to pick the kids up for preschool.
On this MLK Day, I am grateful for the changes he made that enable me to be comfortable with my life.
This is my friend, "Little Bee." Her mother has given permission for her to be photographed and for her photo to be on the internet.

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

She is adorable.

Do you realize the difference you have made in people's lives just by being who you are?

kathy a. said...

i love this post -- your volunteer work, this sweet little girl and all the other kids who need and deserve the care of others, and who blossom from love, and that you are living one of the dreams that MLK spoke about.