Thursday, January 7, 2010

7/365 One Seven Twenty Ten: You Call This Snow?


I lived in New England from 1960 to 2002. I saw my share of "snow days." I had to find last-minute child care, I drove up and down perilous hills to my last home there, I shoveled, pushed, swept, scraped, and sanded snow.
This, my friends, is not a storm. This here? This is a DUSTING. Open the schools. Restock the grocery store shelves. Go to work, and get on with life. But enjoy the look of it for the one minute it's here. It is lovely.
And yes, I still have my Christmas lights out. I can't help myself.

6 comments:

bsouth said...

Even we managed more snow than that! I like your lights.

robin andrea said...

I grew up in New Jersey (1952-1970) and then moved to California. I remember snow, and I mean SNOW. The real stuff. Several feet of it, and then the amazing drifts. That is most definitely a dusting you have there.

miss muffet said...

I love that you still have your lights. I welcomed all the neighbors' lights while driving to and from bball practice in the snow last night.

BrightenedBoy said...

I wish we got more snow here. I live farther north than you but still in the South, and while we regularly have frigid temperatures here, we receive very little snowfall.

If we were lucky enough to enjoy regular, significant quantities of snow, I would have no problem with winter lasting from November to April.

This year has been better than most, though. We got two feet last month and four inches just this morning, which is something I suppose.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Oh, I do not like snow at all. AWhen I lived in New England, I didn't complain about it, because it was part of life. But I can tell you all that leaving my shovel behind made me really happy.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I like your Christmas lights!