Sunday, January 31, 2010

29-30-31/365 One Thirty One Twenty Ten:ICY

I hate winter, and all things wintry. I hate ice, snow, cold weather, warm coats, boots, and cleaning off my car. I must say that I don't hate photographing winter, but if I had to leave winter photos out of my repertoire, it wouldn't kill me. For years I lived in New England-18 years in Connecticut, and another 24 in Boston. I never complained about winter then. It was part of life, and I dealt. But the last almost 8 years in Tennessee have weakened my Yankee spirit, I'm afraid. So these pictures are for my friend, jo(e), who neither hates winter nor complains about anything, as far as I can tell













7 comments:

kathy a. said...

beautiful!

jo(e) said...

Gorgeous!

And thanks, that made my day!

(You know, I don't complain about winter, but I've often talked about how much I hate the month of February ... which begins tomorrow.)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love these photos. I also love winter because we rarely have a real winter.

We has snow too!

concretegodmother said...

breath-taking, yt! btw, i'm late in saying so, but i'm thrilled that you're back to blogging for another year. i've had my own hiatuses, but i miss it when i don't do it. i've always enjoyed reading yours and missed your voice.

Barbara said...

Fantastic pictures. Winter always looks so beautiful in pictures, if only it felt beautiful as well!

Audrey Mango said...

Magical! I always thought ice storms made everything look like a fairy world. But that was when I didn't have a car ;)

Your Sis said...

Winter sucks.