Monday, January 11, 2010

11/365 One Eleven Twenty Ten: Bounty


Birthday=Books in my world. I love to read, and am particularly fond of biographies. And although I realize they are not great literature, I love to read anything by John Grisham, especially on airplanes. Not sure why. This is the bounty from this birthday, with a couple of Christmas goodies thrown in. I cannot start on any of it until I finish The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, which I am reading for my book club that meets once a month at our house. I have many presidential biographies, and am thrilled to add this book by Jimmy Carter about his mother to that stack.


4 comments:

Suzan said...

You are so lucky!! I somehow did not get one single book for Christmas this year. Not one.

I LOVED Oscar Wao. However, I only loved it after I got about 1/3-1/2 the way into it, and then it was so engrossing, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Plus, who doesn't love footnotes?

Hope you had a great birthday!

bsouth said...

I can't wait for my children to get a bit older. Then maybe I'll have time to read again too!

Rev Dr Mom said...

I loved Ted Kennedy's book. It was very compelling, and very touching.

Jimmy Carter's book looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.

kathy a. said...

sigh. boooooks! hope you have a lovely time reading them.