Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Interrupt Our Travelogue To Bring You...


Tomorrow my baby, my little one, my Younger Daughter turns 17! She has a party to go to and we have theater tickets, so tonight we took her and her best friend, Flower Girl (far right) and Gigi and her girlfriend, Mimi (far left) out to eat. I forgot my camera. They generously agreed to pose for pictures after dinner at home, despite the fact that their busy calendars called them elsewhere.
We have been to hell and back with this child, but we know now that hanging in there, unconditional love, and the promise of permanence make all the difference. She's happy, we have a wonderful relationship, and all is well.

12 comments:

bsouth said...

Aww, they look so happy and I'm so happy for you. I'm really pleased that things re working aout between you.

Terminal Degree said...

Beautiful.

Mummy/Crit said...

So good to hear. Those girls are lovely, you have done so well. Your photos are, as always, glorious!

jo(e) said...

Lovely photo!

SusieK. said...

Phew!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Beautiful happy smiles!

halloweenlover said...

I cannot tell you how happy reading this has made me. You are a wonderful mom! Happy birthday YD!

kathy a. said...

wonderful photos! happy birthday, YD!

KathyR said...

Beautiful girls, as always.

And good on ya.

PixieFlute said...

I'm so very glad to read that things are going well with YD.

Great picture!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Happy BD to YD. So grown up! And good to hear things are better.

ccw said...

Happy Birthday to YD!

I'm so glad that things are going well.