Sunday, May 10, 2009

If I Had Known

If I had known, the day this picture was taken (the first one of the three of you) how it would all turn out...if I had known the laughs we'd have...if I had known the tears I would shed...If I had known the number of hours I would spend on bleachers, and behind the wheel, and in schools, and at the doctor, and at the Department of Motor Vehicles, and standing in line, and sitting in parking lots, and holding a crying daughter in my lap...if I had known how far you would all come, or how high you would fly, or how many friends you would add to my life...if I had known that it would be like it is today, and was yesterday, and will be tomorrow, I would have been on my knees, hands folded, head bowed, saying, "thank you" to the spirits who brought you to me.

Thank you. I love you. You're mine.
Happy Mother's Day





















(Gigi and Older Daughter-7, Younger Daughter-3)

7 comments:

kathy a. said...

happy birthday, and happy mother's day!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

This made me cry. Blessings and more blessings.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Happy Mother's Day!

what a cute picture!

RageyOne said...

such a great image!

ccw said...

I love this picture!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Aw we're supposed to be thanking you for being a wonderfully, loving and attentive mother. I can't wait to be home! THANK YOU!
Older Daughter
(P.S. this is my favorite pic)

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Happy Birthday, and happy Mother's Day every day!!What a beautiful trio and wonderful post.