Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bikes


I could NOT post a photo from the hotel for some reason, so I have several backed up. And I see way too much white light in this now that it's on the blog-it doesn't actually look quite so white on the computer. Paris has this wonderful service-you rent a bike at any pickup point, ride it to the drop off point closest to your destination, and lock it up. You're done. This method of saving time/money/gas really made me love the French, even more than I already did. Across the board, without exception, we encountered friendly, polite, helpful people in Paris. I'm ready to go back!

6 comments:

RageyOne said...

that is cool. i've seen several racks like that here in DC this week.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a cool idea!!

ccw said...

So cool! My husband will be in love with this idea.

Glad you are having such a good time!

KathyR said...

I was just gonna say "they have that in DC!" but Ragey beat me to it.

I love the back fender on those bikes in your photo.

Glad you had a good (restorative?) time in Paris.

kathy a. said...

that is so great! wonderful you had such a terrific time!

bsouth said...

A good idea. It's a shame they don't do it in the uk.

I love that pic.