Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes He Did


Yes He Did, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Dear DT, DG, and C-
Your daughters-my daughters, are young women now. Their whole lives, we have taught them that they could do, be, achieve anything. We have told them that hard work, determination, inner joy, and deep love would help them through whatever came their way and the world could be theirs.

Today, I know all this to be true. No reservations. They might be unlucky at times, they might have doors closed on them for stupid reasons, but with the support of their family and friends who will always help them find opportunity, I believe they will soar.

Thank you for the incredible gift of their lives, and know that I celebrate with you.

2 comments:

robin andrea said...

Yes he did, and I couldn't be happier. Congratulations to all 64 million of us who agreed he could.

suburban dyke said...

We should try to fight Proposition 8 which takes away rights already granted.
Please consider a boycott of Sundance, Utah and Mormons
http://www.americablog.com/2008/11/why-is-sundance-film-festival-taking.html
or donating money to the Northern California ACLU
http://www.aclunc.org/ .
I am not affiliated with either. I am just trying to make a difference. Thanks.