Sunday, August 31, 2008

233/365+1:Controversy


233/365+1:Controversy, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Last Sunday I tried a new coffee place-my usual haunt was not open due to a staff over-sleep. I was not thrilled here. The young man who worked there was spouting his political/social theories. Not what I wanted to hear at 6:30 on a Sunday, especially since they did not happen to coincide with mine. I had to call bullshit at him. I won't be going back.
Hint: if you're going to try to talk politics with a customer, pretend you agree with her and talk about her after work with your friends. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Hearing you on this one. Likewise, if you want to heap contempt on the general insufferable ignorance of people who read but can't think, maybe your elitist rant is misplaced when delivered to the college professor who is buying books from you as you work your summer temp job at Borders.