Saturday, July 26, 2008

208/365+1: The Feeling: Mutual


208/365+1: The Feeling: Mutual, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

After almost two years of a downward spiral, followed by a loud "CRASH!" our relationship with Younger Daughter, thanks to the help of the Most Amazing Therapist Ever, Bar None, is on the mend. We have begun reintegration. We're spending more time together. We're having fun, and don't face every visit with the feeling of impending doom. Today, we were walking around in the book store, and I heard, "MA! YANKEE! YANKEE TRANSFERRED!" I finally found where the voice was coming from, and found her holding up this mug. "Take a picture of this!"

How could I resist? (I'm going back to buy two of them when she's not with me, so when she' s home for good we can each have one.)

I feel hopeful.

14 comments:

RageyOne said...

that color looks good on her. glad to hear things are on the mend with Younger Daughter. i hope it continues to go well.

Rev Dr Mom said...

I'm so glad--and here's to your being back together soon!

Suburban Gorgon said...

That's the best news I've heard in a long time.

Gawdess said...

she is so beautiful and bright and so glad to hear that you feel hopeful!

concretegodmother said...

wow, thank god things are improving! i love that you and she can joke about driving each other nuts. it's cute that she wanted to take the picture.

ChrisP said...

You have such beautiful ladies in your life :-)

kathy a. said...

wonderful news! she looks great. so glad there is progress.

jo(e) said...

Beautiful picture — and I'm so glad to hear the news. I hope things keep getting better.

Jenevieve said...

Yay!

KathyR said...

Well, I guess you're supposed to drive each other crazy.

Glad to hear about the Super Shrink. Does he/she have a clone in Los Angeles?

Anonymous said...

Right, does supershrink have a clone in CT?

--Sis

Marlene said...

Your words made me cry. Hope is a powerful thing.

Ampersand said...

sooooo happy to hear things are going in a good direction!

she is beautiful.

Val said...

Wonderful!