Saturday, July 5, 2008

187/365+1:Breakfast with Mama


187/365+1:Breakfast with Mama, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

As I made my way to the car this morning for my early ritual of coffee, camera, and newspaper, I noticed that the front door was unlocked. Under my breath (sort of) I swore at those damned girls. We live in the CITY, fer gawdsakes, and there I was exposed all night long. I opened the front door, and almost had heart failure when I encountered living humans on the porch. It was just after 6! There were Jazzy and Lady Guinevere, sitting on the double rocker that The Attorney and I so love, talking away. They had been up all night. I threw them in the car and took them with me.
Normally, I love the solitude of my weekend mornings, but today they made my day really special.

13 comments:

concretegodmother said...

yer cool, yt. this is a gorgeous photo, and you made the perfect choice in using b&w.

Sandie said...

LOVE this shot. The B&W is perfect and the expressions are great.

RageyOne said...

lovely. i like candidness of it.

Gawdess said...

you have a gift with the camera and it looks like you have a gift in these girls too :)

Ampersand said...

SO exquisite. Perfect composition. From where are you collecting all these stunning beauties?!?

BrightStar said...

Beautiful shot.

Jessica said...

Love, love, love this photo, YT!

angelfeet said...

What a fabulous photo.

jo(e) said...

That's a beautiful picture!

Karin said...

I love how this is composed and how you can see the smile in the eyes even though you can't see the smile of the mouth. :)

ccw said...

This is a gorgeous photo!

BlackenedBoy said...

For some reason I'm very surprised that you're black.

I seriously had this image of you as a white woman in her thirties (probably because that's about the demographic that most of the people on here seem to be).

I like your pictures. The one with the lollipops that you just posted was really cool.

Yankee, Transferred said...

BB-I am not black, but my children all are. I am in my fifties, not my thirties...funny how you picture one thing but get another.