Thursday, June 26, 2008

178/365+1 June 27, 1988


178/365+1 June 27, 1988, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Happy 20th birthday to my first baby girl! It was my distinct pleasure to meet her in Washington while I was there, and to go to the French Embassy (where I got "spoken to" for taking pictures) so she could get the visa that would enable her to leave me for a WHOLE YEAR!

When you were a tiny baby, I held you close and whispered in your ear, so many times, "You're going to go places, my girl-wonderful, wonderful places."

Sometimes, wishing can make it so...

I love you. I'm proud of you. You're beautiful and sweet and smart.
Happy, happy day and blue skies.

9 comments:

Sandie said...

Wow, such and amazing girl with an awesome year ahead of her!

ccw said...

She is beautiful, smart, and adventurous. Her momma must have done something right. :)

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to your girl. And I know this is a great opportunity, but I'm a bit weepy for you.

liz said...

Happy 20th Birthday, OD!!! And YT, many hugs to you for having to let her go.

Cloudscome said...

Happy Birthday OD! She is going places. Nice color job.

angelfeet said...

Beautiful girl in a great shot. Happy Birthday!

bsouth said...

I wish my mum had whispered such delightful promises - she is indeed a lucky and blessed girl (oh, and a beautiful one too).

Anonymous said...

Wishing didn't do it -- you and she did it.

Congrats, dear Sis.

Gawdess said...

how she glows...