Sunday, June 22, 2008

174/365+1:It's A Two-Fer! Or More!

Well, here she is. Or, more accurately, here they are. The one on the left is Darling. The one on the right is SameNameAsYoungerDaughter. Originally, we agreed to let Darling move in, because she was, well, without housing. But you see, she has this girlfriend. We've known them both for a few years now, and we love them. So when Darling moved in, we naturally left an open invitation for SameNameAsYoungerDaughter to stay here when she wants, too. They've been together since their junior year of high school. They'll be college sophomores this year. They have jobs, they have a car, they pay for their own laundry supplies, toiletries, entertainment, and any junk food. They clean my house, do my dishes, and are the sweetest girls imaginable. Along with my other three, that is.
As my friend, Peripatetic Polar Bear once said, "no time for the empty nest. And do you even want it?"
The Attorney and I looked at each other this morning and said, in unison, "Are we NUTS?"

I think not.



(PS: I'll leave it to your imaginations as to how it could be "or more!" and will fill you in as time marches on)

15 comments:

RageyOne said...

beautiful portrait!

KathyR said...

I love how they are SO not the same and yet so obviously together.

And you, of course, are insane. But in a good way.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice for those girls to have a haven where they can be loved and understood.

mazel tov to all of you, and, as always, sis, you are my HERO.

Love,
Older Sis

peripateticpolarbear said...

Now they're coming two by two?
Congrats!

Rev Dr Mom said...

You are amazing!

jo(e) said...

I'm a big believer in taking in extra kids. Everyone benefits.

Sending you lots of warm thoughts as you all get adjusted!

liz said...

They are so gorgeous and happy looking.

How wonderful that you are opening your hearts and homes to them and how wonderful too that they have opened their hearts to you and come to you for the love and support that you have in abundance.

Gawdess said...

they are beautiful and my glod you take a wonderful portrait!

Ampersand said...

oh my! they take my breath away. blessings, blessings, blessings!!

ccw said...

Beautiful girls.

You and the Attorney are the two most kind and big hearted people I have ever known. I have no doubt that everyone who comes into your home feels love and comfort.

Musey_Me said...

congrats to all of you!

Sandie said...

Beautiful smiles! I am glad you guys have each other. I am slowly adjusting to the empty nest... I really miss having the kids and young adults actually living here.

Suburban Gorgon said...

That is a beautiful photograph of two beautiful young women! And it's a good thing you have that lovely house with all that space. Little Men's Jo has nothing on you.

kathy a. said...

you and your home are a safe haven, and not just for your official daughters.

i am convinced that the safe havens of a couple of friends' homes, and their loving mothers, made all the difference in my life at a critical time, from about 16 to 19. my "second mom" died over 30 years ago, but the strength and love she gave me have lasted. you are the same kind of mom.

Cloudscome said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely young ladies. You do amazing portraits! So much personality shines through with their beauty. Happy full house!