Monday, June 2, 2008

154/365+1:Connected


154/365+1:Connected, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Our girls each go through stages of how and when they hang out with us. Sometimes, our Younger Daughter has gone through phases of wanting to play cards. Gigi will sit with us when her friends are around-they all call us Mom and think we're fun. (Shhh-don't tell them we're really old fogies!)
Older Daughter loves movies as much as we do. She came in while we had a movie on tonight and was sort of watching, all the while connected with her friends from college and camp and work. She'd look up over the computer at the bigger screen and laugh appropriately, and then return to the constant communication that is her life. I feel certain she'll stay plugged in with us when she leaves.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Staying connected seems to be easier than ever these days. I am thankful for it because it is also how the young adults in my life stay connected to us.

Gawdess said...

I am glad that she will stay connected!
I like the contrast of the soft looing couch with the sharper lines of the computer.

bsouth said...

I love the picture.

It's sort of sad though - it made me think of when mine will leave me and whether they'll stay connected. A strange thought given the eldest is 2.5 years old!