Tuesday, May 27, 2008

148/365+1:Nightstand


148/365+1:Nightstand, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

This is a tiny nightstand. It has just room enough for one photograph of Older Daughter and me from 1988, two candles for those romantic moments, and a little box to hold my rings while I slather my hands with hand cream at night.
It has one drawer that contains lip balm, emery boards, and of course - a couple of Sharpies! There is one shelf on the bottom that right now houses Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope.

Good night.

Thanks to my sister for catching a typo!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I'm reading Obama's Dreams from My Father right now...just about done. It's fantastic! I need to read Audacity of Hope next.

Gawdess said...

I am enchanted.
With everything upon your bedside table and especially that picture of your od.
oh my, oh my.
how heart stoppingly beautiful.

kathy a. said...

oh, so sweet.

it also has some hand-crocheted lace -- we have some around somewhere that my husband's grandmother made. wish i knew where that went.

bsouth said...

What a lovely table with lovely items.

I'm finding it harder and harder to look at blogs every night but yours always catches my eye, I just don't always comment.

Anonymous said...

Emery boards. E-M-E, not E-M-O.

Sorry, I can't help it. You understand.

--Sis

Anonymous said...

P.S. Great photo.

--Sis

Sandie said...

I love the sweetness of this shot. And that is a great picture of you and your dd.

angelfeet said...

Magical.

Ampersand said...

i love the simplicity in this.