Sunday, May 25, 2008

146/365+1:Eight


146/365+1:Eight, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


Eight years ago we exchanged rings-just the two of us, with no fanfare, no bridal bouquets, no first dances.
I thought right then I could not love you more.
Had I only known...

Happy Anniversary, my love~I still do!

19 comments:

from away said...

Such a great pic. Happy anniversary!

Sandie said...

Perfect! Beautiful poem and picture. That kind of love is so precious. So, happy you found it.

Marlene said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Mummy/Crit said...

Lovely photo, and congratulations.

liz said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Gawdess said...

happy anniversary!!!!
a beautiful picture, so clever

jo(e) said...

Happy anniversary!

SassyFemme said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jenevieve said...

*sniff* You two are so sweet. Hope Matt and I are doing that well in 4 years!

Val said...

Happy Anniversary! :) Love like that is such a blessing.

Ampersand said...

goodness, YT. this is exactly how love should be. blessings to you and the attorney. so glad you two found each other. *tears*

kathy a. said...

happy anniversary! xoxo

angelfeet said...

Happy happy anniversary. Lovely picture and heart-soaring poem.

Karin said...

Happy anniversary! Love the photo and the sonnet.

Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Happy anniversary!

RageyOne said...

Lovely! Happy Anniversary

concretegodmother said...

congratulations, you two. that's awesome!

Scrivener said...

Happy anniversary!