Saturday, May 17, 2008

138/365+1: Early Sunflower


138/365+1: Early Sunflower, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I was awakened at 4:30 this morning by a raving lunatic across the street-highly unusual in this neighborhood. That was it. I was up for the day. I went for coffee at 6, and at 7 I met a friend for a trip to the Farmer's Market downtown. The flower stalls were stunning. This early, greenhouse-grown sunflower caught my eye. This photo has not had any processing. Lovely bright yellow joy, isn't it?

Click on the photo to see other shots from this market trip-I had such fun with the flowers.

7 comments:

Gawdess said...

Yes it is.
and you have a brilliant eye.

Moi said...

sunshine!!!!!

Mummy/Crit said...

Oh wow! With the stocks and the delphiniums this photo is perfect. (I haven't commented here before, but I've been an irregular visitor for some time...)

RageyOne said...

gorgeous!

kathy a. said...

those colors are fabulous!

Sandie said...

This is a great shot! It is like you captured the sunshine.

Ampersand said...

soooooo cheery. you do have a brilliant eye.

yes, you captured sunshine.