Wednesday, May 14, 2008

135/365+1: Best Buds


135/365+1: Best Buds, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Because we moved here the summer before her first year of high school, Older Daughter's friends of longest standing in this town are from only 6 years ago.

I started in a new high school my first year, too. That was 39 years ago. I still have five friends from those years with whom I am in regular contact. I hope that in 33 years, Older Daughter and this wonderful friend of hers are still feeling about their friendship the way they do today.

10 comments:

Gawdess said...

saying your subjects are beautiful is almost silly, because they so obviously are - but your treatment of this photo is really nicely done. B&W and the blurring are so evocative.

from away said...

I like the processing on this, too.

Years from now they'll be so glad to have this photo (if they aren't already).

ccw said...

They are beautiful! This is a wonderful photo.

Jessica said...

Love the picture - it's gorgeous!

kathy a. said...

such a wonderful photo. and such a great sentiment, too.

bsouth said...

What a lovely photo and as always great subjects.

Ampersand said...

such a perfectly sweet shot.

Sandie said...

Friends are so important. I too hope they stay connected. Great photo.

liz said...

I love how comfortable they both look together.

Moi said...

sweet, as always! :)
my parents were in jobs that required to get them transferred to a new location every 5 yrs ..sometimes even 3.....all the pain it entailed was made up by the string of new friends we made at every place... and today i have such a collection of friends :).....