Sunday, May 11, 2008

132/365+1: Happy Mother's Day


132/365+1: Happy Mother's Day, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I dedicate this Mother's Day photo (from Friday night, actually) to the three women without whom none of this would have been possible.

Gigi's first mother died in September. She knew Gigi was in good hands, and that we all loved her.

I have yet to meet either Older Daughter's or Younger Daughter's first mothers. All I know is that they gave me these incredible gifts, these precious treasures.

I can enjoy this Mother's Day because of these three women, and I'm eternally grateful.




16 comments:

Scrivener said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, YT. You are an incredible mother, that shines through in your photos and words.

kathy a. said...

(((( YT )))) happy mother's day! you are such a loving, terrific mom.

liz said...

(((YT)))

Happy Mother's Day. You've got me all weepy.

Susie K. said...

I am always caught off guard by their beauty. I don't know why. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. To one of my most favorite of mothers, I wish you a most wonderful day.

Karin said...

Happy Mother's Day! They may not be related by blood, but they have the same smile. :)

jo(e) said...

Happy Mother's Day, Yankee!

~profgrrrrl~ said...

:)

What a gorgeous family you have, in part due to the love of their second mother.

Happy Mother's Day.

Jenevieve said...

What beautiful gifts you have in your girls, and they in having two (or three!) fantastic moms. And I'm with susie k.- I'm always amazed at just how beautiful they are.

Cloudscome said...

Happy Mother's Day. Love those beautiful smiles!

KathyR said...

Yes, Happy belated Mother's Day.

xo

purple_kangaroo said...

Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

ccw said...

Happy Mother's Day!

This is a beautiful picture! The smiles are beyond amazing.

Ampersand said...

moved to tears, YT. hugs.

Songbird said...

They shine!

from away said...

Late to the party here, but this post is just beautiful. Happy (belated) Mother's Day.

angelfeet said...

Even later but Happy Mother's Day. They are simply beautiful.