Friday, May 2, 2008

123/365+1:Mauve


123/365+1:Mauve, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

The Attorney came downstairs at about 7:45 and saw me with my camera in hand. I was actually photographing something inside the house. "Are you getting ready to go outside and photograph the world?" she asked. I told her no, that I was planning to photograph a table. She said, "But look at the world-it's a great color right now."

We are having a storm that turned the sky from yellow to mauve. This photo is not retouched or enhanced, only cropped. I stepped out to the porch, heard the plane, and looked skyward. SNAP!

Here's my world tonight.

12 comments:

Gawdess said...

yay for those extra eyes in the family!
this is a really neat picture it is like you used a filter to get that colour - I know you didn't - it is just cool

Moi said...

you are sure , its not you looking at the world with rose-tinted glasses??? :)))

this looks surreal........wonder if Mr Moi would ever point out things to shoot!!!!!! :)

from away said...

wow, nice capture.

RageyOne said...

very cool!

jo(e) said...

What a cool photo. It's kind of surreal.

robin andrea said...

That's quite a photo. Great rosy color. Looks like a magnificent sky.

Marlene said...

It sort of reminds me of The Wizard of Oz...but with a plane!lol!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Amazing color! Yay for the Attorney for noticing it for you!

concretegodmother said...

oh my lord, yt -- this is magical! just...wow! i love fortuitous timing like that!

Cloudscome said...

Amazing! Good eyes on both of you.

The Drew said...

WoW! Awesome!

angelfeet said...

Amazing colour.