Monday, April 28, 2008

119/365+1:And Nobody Had To Die


119/365+1:And Nobody Had To Die, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I'm lucky because I have many really close, dear friends. Among them is my Visual Friend, so dear a friend that her first name is my daughter's middle name. Probably 8 or 10 years ago, Visual Friend made these two wonderful crows. I coveted them the moment I saw them. I said to her, "When you die, I want these willed to me." Maudlin, yes, but I really, really wanted them.
Before we moved from New England to Tennessee, she brought me a box-a going away gift. Nestled lovingly inside, cushioned by wads of tissue, were the crows.
They now sit in a place of honor in the guest room, waiting for her to come visit. She's coming in September, and The Crows, The Attorney, and I can hardly wait!

6 comments:

concretegodmother said...

maudlin or not, i love your crows! they're whimsical and smile-inducing!

RageyOne said...

too cute! they remind me of the crows in The Wiz!

Gawdess said...

the crows are fun, they have so much personality and I like how they match with that tile in the background

kathy a. said...

these are such terrific personalities!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes, Batman! We got the same mirror from Pier 1 for our tv room!

--sis

Moi said...

how sweet. though i am not abig fan of crows, i love these :)

did you know, a group of crows is called "murder"!!! phew!!!