Thursday, April 24, 2008

115/365+1: Why I'm Late


115/365+1: Why I'm Late, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Every night before I leave the office I call The Attorney to tell her I'm on my way. My commute is approximately 13 minutes in "rush hour traffic" which is actually non-existent where I live. She is not a jealous or suspicious person, and I give her no reason to be so, but she is a worrier so if I'm late, she starts to worry. Most nights when I saunter in 30 or even 45 minutes after I've called, she figures I've stopped along the way to take pictures. Sometimes I've been so long she calls to make sure I'm ok.
This evening, I did stop to take some photographs. Enough that I knew I was wading into the worry pool. What luck when I encountered an interminable train that would not have been in my way had I not taken the windy road through the gorgeous neighborhood that forces me over the tracks before I hit the main road home.

I took this picture as evidence that it was not only my lolly-gagging that kept me.

6 comments:

Scrivener said...

The reds and greens in this photo really pop.

Scrivener said...

Also, I like that you can see the guy in the car ahead of you on his cell phone reflected in his rear-view mirror.

Gawdess said...

scriv is right on both counts and I really like "wading into the worry pool".

concretegodmother said...

i love trains (except when i have to wait for them when i'm in a hurry).

Yankee, Transferred said...

Hey, Scriv-I'm glad you see the driver in front of me, who was clearly concerned when I dragged out my camera. I had to wave and point to the train before he quit looking upset.

Sandie said...

I am the one who is usually 'wading through the worry pool' great phrase! I like the guy's expression too.