Tuesday, April 22, 2008

113/365+1: Sick


113/365+1: Sick, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

It came in the form of a text message: "Mommy-I think there's something seriously wrong with my throat." The words worried us both: yesterday was not a day either one of us could leave work, but we knew she couldn't remain alone, sick, in her dorm. Like our other two girls, Gigi is rarely ill. When she cries for help, it's real.

The Attorney arranged for one of our friends to collect her from college and bring her home. Her fever was 103. Another friend volunteered to take her to the doctor and pharmacy today. It's not strep. We feel fortunate. But it's some nasty bacterial infection in her throat and the poor angel is down for the count. We'll keep her with us through tomorrow and in the evening bring her back, provided she's better.

She hasn't eaten since Sunday. We're forcing liquid down her. She woke up long enough to watch Aladdin. The World's Best Bleeding Heart Attorney, our Florence Nightingale in Residence, is taking great care. Even when you're almost 20, you need to be babied sometimes.

16 comments:

Audrey Mango said...

Oh! I hope she feels better soon. She is good hands, but it's still no fun to be sick :(

Anonymous said...

Sweet - and in the best of care.
But hey, even whern you are almost 60 you need to be babied sometimes :-)

ChrisP

jo(e) said...

What a sweet photo. Hope she feels better soon.

Anastasia said...

awww this made me cry. my mom never took care of me like that when i was sick, not even when I was a little girl. you are so great.

kathy a. said...

oh, i hope she feels better soon.

Jenevieve said...

Oh, I hope she feels better soon!

Also, what Anastasia said-- wish I had a mom like you two!

Gawdess said...

sending healing vibes

AmpersandToo said...

the photo and your words are just so tender ... sighs.

i do so hope she is well soon.

robin andrea said...

Sending healing vibes and good wishes to Gigi. I hope she recovers soon.

concretegodmother said...

rats! i hope gigi is recovering thoroughly. with your ministrations, how could she not?

liz said...

I hope she's feeling better.

Sandie said...

Hope she feels better soon! Those bugs on campus can be nasty. Lots of thoughts and prayers.

Scrivener said...

So how's she doing now? Better, I hope.

itofoto said...

awwww...
I hope she is better now.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Thanks, y'all...she seems on the road to recovery now. But it's been 6 days and she's tired of it.

Karin said...

Poor baby. There are definitely times I still want my mom to baby me!