Wednesday, April 16, 2008

107/365+1:Opportunity


107/365+1:Opportunity, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I imagine like most photographers, I love early morning and late afternoon light. They afford so many unexpected opportunities. On the way home from work, I was stopped at a traffic light and looked out my window at the stone wall. The late afternoon light cast just the right tone. Camera ever at my fingertips, I whipped it out and caught this photo-right before the guy behind me honked.

6 comments:

kathy a. said...

i've always liked stone walls. the ones without cement are extra special.

Gawdess said...

this image has stuck with me since I saw it on flickr. I really like it and the background and I am impressed that it was snapped from a car.

Reughr said...

i like it, but for some reason, my mind is stuck on tetris...lol.

Great shapes!!!

Scrivener said...

He only says, 'Good fences make good neighbors'.
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
'Why do they make good neighbors? Isn't it
Where there are cows?
But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.'

Sandie said...

I love little stone fences, the colors are really nice too.

Cloudscome said...

Good eye - and from the car! The honking guy missed out big time.