Tuesday, April 15, 2008

106/365+1:A Bne


106/365+1:A Bne, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

When I went for my first parent-teacher conference concerning Younger Daughter, she was in early kindergarten. I asked how her reading readiness was coming along. The teacher was thrilled to pull out a piece of paper that had "A Bne" written on it. I looked at it and looked at it, and still couldn't figure it out. She turned the paper over, and there was the most exquisite drawing of a bunny I had ever seen. I still have that paper tucked away in a box.

Today, I saw "A Bne" on the grounds at my work. He wouldn't cooperate by looking right at me, but I snapped this and thought of my dear Younger Daughter, who is away from me now.

I miss you, my Little One. I hope you're reading.

13 comments:

Gawdess said...

your bne is sharp and crisp and wonderful,lovely to hear about your YD as a little one.

Scrivener said...

This is a lovely shot, YT. I've had some of those moments struggling to figure out what the words mean.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I wish that bne was in my yard.

She knows yt. You packed her heart full sweetie. It is in there.

AmpersandToo said...

aww, i heart that story. and great capture to go with it.

*warm fuzzies*

KathyR said...

Sweet.

Karin said...

And a cute little bne it is! I have to admit, though, that having been an elementary school teacher, I totally knew what "bne" was when I read the title of your post even before I saw the picture. ;)

liz said...

Hugs to you and to YD. And to the sweet little Bne.

ccw said...

So sweet! Thw picture of the bne is beautiful!

kathy a. said...

very excellent bne. xoxo

Moi said...

:).......loved the post :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, mush.

--Sis

Cloudscome said...

Those moments never go away. I bet she is reading (writing? oh yeah) and thinking about you.

Rev Dr Mom said...

((((YT & YD))))))))