Sunday, April 13, 2008

103/365+1:Early


103/365+1:Early, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Despite the fact that this is not a great quality shot because I was in a hurry, I rather like it because it gives a good perspective. In our family, Seder is actually whenever we can gather everyone-not necessarily in adherence to any silly detail like, say, a calendar. Uncle David came from Florida, Cousin A came from Boston, and we had a total of 14 at our house tonight for my spouse's family's traditional Seder. We had great food and a wonderful time. The parents of my Older Daughter's best friend from high school come, too, because they're cousins with The World's Best Bleeding Heart Attorney. Music Store Owner joined us, too.
It's one of our favorite nights of the year. Now I'm off to bed.

17 comments:

Cloudscome said...

Beautiful table! Peace, blessings and freedom in the coming year.

Linda said...

The table is beautiful! It looks like you were set for a wonderful celebration!

Anonymous said...

Had a wonderful time but you should have also shown the "aftermath" too :-)

peripateticpolarbear said...

What a beautiful table!

RageyOne said...

Love the blue and the symmetry (though not exact).

Val said...

What a beautiful table setting! I hope you and yours have a wonderful day. The love and goodness in you always shine though so brightly, Yankee. Blessings to you.

kathy a. said...

lovely.

KathyR said...

Why does this picture make me hungry?

bsouth said...

That looks fun. I agree with anon - I'd like to see the aftermath!

Sandie said...

I can hardly wait for Passover! I love the Seder meal and everything about it. You set a beautiful table.

Gawdess said...

a beautiful table and I second what cloudscome wishes for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get all that beautiful cobalt glass. Do you collect it? The reason I ask is that there's a consignment shop near us that has a ton of it.

Love you lots!

Happy Pesach!

--Sis

Yankee, Transferred said...

SIS-
All of our cobalt glass is new, mostly from Pier One Imports. So no, I don't technically collect it, but I sure love it a lot!
XOXOXO

Ampersand said...

incredibly awesome. I love both the image and the meaning so much.

ccw said...

The table looks beautiful!

Moi said...

beautiful!!! blue being my fav. color.....this table is very inviting :)

Anonymous said...

SIs, have you been into Crate & Barrel recently (is there one in your city?) The store is chockablock full of cobalt glass -- pitchers, vases, wine glasses, bowls...

Love you lots!