Friday, March 21, 2008

81/365+1: Welcome!


81/365+1: Welcome!, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

The bridge over the Mighty Mississippi between Tennessee and Arkansas is in the shape of what I call a "soft" M. There are 2 places in our fair city where there are gardens shaped like that, too, and they are both on my commute home. This one is planted by volunteer gardeners, and although you cannot see them clearly, these are lovely blue and yellow pansies, that are planted in November and bloom until June.
This shot has taken me months to accomplish, because you cannot get out of your car to take the picture. I pulled up next to it, rolled down the passenger window, and did my best. Welcome to my city. It has some very nice features.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

How lovely!

Ampersand said...

Great capture...excellent drive by shot. I continue to enjoy getting to know your city.

Anonymous said...

I wish we lived in the South. This winter has sucked mightily. And it's still freezing.

--sis

Gawdess said...

the muted purples and yellows in the soft light are so lovely.