Wednesday, March 12, 2008

72/365+1: Five Days Ago, Snow


72/365+1: March 12, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

In a few more days, this will be in full bloom, and I'll try to photograph it and post it again. In a few weeks, the tree behind it, a white dogwood, will be in bloom and I hope to post that.
If I purposely drive through one of the most unfortunate neighborhoods between my home and my office, I get the treat of this tree. I wonder if the people who live there can look beyond the waste and marvel at the miracle of Spring.

5 comments:

Anna said...

People usually dont see what is right in front of them. You really have to try to do that! :) The tree is magnificent! So big!

Thanks for your kind words on my blog about the maternity shots. I liked the middle one as well!

Audrey Mango said...

Oh wow! That's such a hopeful, beautiful sight, and yes, I hope that tree brings joy to its neighbors. (It brought me joy, anyway :)

Karin said...

Beautiful tree!

Gawdess said...

a princess of a tree - ours in the backyard won't be close to that till the end of April or well into May, this is a nice preview!
and a nice shot.

kathy a. said...

gorgeous.