Tuesday, March 11, 2008

71/365+1:March 11


71/365+1:March 11, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Obviously, this picture was not taken today. Also, I did not take this picture myself.
This is my mother. The placid look on her face disguises the sparkle in her eyes and the fire in her heart. She was brilliant, funny, complicated, and dealt some raw deals. Through my own trials of late, I have thought often of my mother. She never gave up. I won't go into detail about her disappointments and sorrows; believe me, they were numerous. But through it all, she was the champion of the underdog-the forgotten child, the abandoned duckling, the sick kitten. Whatever strength and kindness I may possess came from my mother, who died 2 years ago today.

17 comments:

kathy a. said...

(((( YT ))))

Karin said...

*hugs* My mom died 8 years and 4 days ago. The pain eases, but it never really goes away does it?

Rev Dr Mom said...

((((((YT))))))

Sandie said...

My mom died two months ago, tomorrow, it seems like so long ago and yet like it happened only moments ago all at the same time. My thoughts will be with you today too.

Scrivener said...

(o)

hypatia said...

I'm so glad that her memory is an encouragement to you.

KathyR said...

Has it really been two years?

Big hugs to you today.

Anonymous said...

She sure would've been proud of you.

Love you lots!

--Sis

Gawdess said...

I thought it might be your Mom.
Beautiful woman, I am sorry for your loss.

angelfeet said...

Thank you for sharing your photo of her with us. She looks like she was magnificent lady.

Ampersand said...

big hugs, YT. Whatever strength and kindess I have came from my Mom too. And I miss my Mom so much. Thank you for sharing your mother with us. She's beautiful.

SassyFemme said...

My heart and thoughts are with you. {{{ }}}

Musey_Me said...

hugs to you.

concretegodmother said...

will you tell us some stories about her? she sounds like a pretty cool character!

Cloudscome said...

She is beautiful and strong. You are blessed. ((YT))

Val said...

I remember this photo from the time you posted it on your other blog. 'Thinking of you this week--These anniversaries can be hard.

Andrea said...

I've been thinking of you lots lately and hoping you're ok.