Friday, February 29, 2008

60/365+1:Heading Home


60/365+1:Heading Home, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I take my camera with me every day, wherever I go. I commute on the same route and sometimes wonder why I'm bringing it, because nothing much changes. But it does. Every day the sky is different, heading to work and heading home.

February 29, 4 years ago, the son of the maintenance worker in my office was killed in a terrible car crash-5 young teens died, and his son was driving. I don't know how he gets up every morning and puts one foot in front of the other. I know my situation could be so much worse, and I know I'm lucky that I have never had a child die.

I think of his heartache every day when I see him, and today, on February 29th, I wonder if it's a good thing that this date only comes around every four years. Or if it even matters.

I count my blessings every day.

10 comments:

Gawdess said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and so complex too.

I try to count mine everyday too, sending out soothing energy to that man.

jo(e) said...

Oh, Yankee, thanks for that reminder. My daughter was in a car accident this month (she was driving), and it totally freaked me out even though she was okay, the other person was okay, only the cars were damaged.

It's good to remember just how blessed I am.

And the photo is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Right. we should all count our blessings. And hug our children.

Thanks for the reminder.

Love,
Sis

kathy a. said...

beautiful photo, and loving thoughts.

bsouth said...

I am counting my blessings and am desperate to go see my children but they're both asleep. I feel that most evenings - weird as when I'm with them they amuse, annoy, frustrate and tire me.

That is an amazing photo, I don't know what to say, I'm knocked speechless by it's beauty.

Ampersand said...

This shot is just wonderful. I love the delicate way the sun illuminates the clouds.

Karin said...

The sun breaking through the clouds is always so hopeful. A beautiful photo for a heartfelt post.

Marlene said...

I needed this reminder today.

Linda said...

Another one needing the reminder. The photo is beautiful!

Scrivener said...

Purty! I'd say I need the reminder too but I've been getting a lot of those reminders over the last few months. ;)