Wednesday, February 27, 2008

58/365+1: Dreams


58/365+1: Dreams, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Our local art museum, which as I have mentioned previously is right near my home, has a wonderful restaurant outside of which is a patio where there are frequently private parties-weddings and the like. It's a lovely setting inside an enormous, tree-filled park. We eat lunch there when we have a day off during the week-it feels like such a luxury to eat in the museum, even though it is reasonably priced. They serve a terrific African Peanut Soup. It' what I order every time.

Sometimes when I'm eating there and looking out the window onto the patio, I dream that one of my daughters may agree to have her wedding here some day.

9 comments:

ccw said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to enjoy lunch.

With 3 daughters, you may get your wish!

jo(e) said...

The grid of the window just makes this shot! Lovely.

kathy a. said...

sweet! i'll be bold, and hope that you get your wedding wish -- for yourself.

Not so little sister said...

It looks beautiful! I love your pictures and posts. (YT)

Marlene said...

Wouldn't that be lovely...

Gawdess said...

lovely picture and a lovely vision for the future and I have a sudden yearning to get me to that museum and have peanut soup - mmmm.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Sounds like a cool place..and the African peanut soup sounds good, too.

concretegodmother said...

yeah, what kathy a. said. is it is soup or stew? i'm just curious. i'm always curious about the food part.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Concreto-it's definitely soup, although it does have chicken, onions, and peppers in it. It is SO delicious! Lots of peanuts!