Thursday, February 21, 2008

52/365+1:Shirts


53/365+1:Shirts, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

I always wanted daughters. I was thrilled both times when the adoption agencies had girls for me, and Gigi was the most wonderful addition to our family. Despite the heartache I am enduring now with one of my girls, I would never have traded the experience of parenting three daughters for anything. Until 2006, however, when Gigi joined us at 18, I never had a daughter who would wear anything that looked "boyish" to her. I swear, this is not something I fostered. When I was walking through the store and saw these unbelievably vibrant, wonderful shirts, I thought how there would have been no way that I could have talked either Older Daughter or Younger Daughter into wearing one of them with a pair of overalls, which I would have thought looked terrific. I also thought I was sorry they were only in little boy sizes, because Gigi would wear one of the blue ones now with some baggy jeans and white sneakers. And she'd look great.



(Thank you to my good friend, Rev. Dr. Mom, who pointed out that I messed up the numbering of my posts. It is now corrected.)

12 comments:

Scrivener said...

I did a double-take for a second wondering why you would have so many of the same shirts in your closet. :)

The colors in this one are really great.

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Wow! Those are some bright shirts! I think they just woke me up!

I like the orangey ones.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Profgrrrrl-The orange ones are my favorites, too!

Gawdess said...

so darn cheerful - a visual lift - love the clarity.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

those colors are so bright and beautiful!

kathy a. said...

those orange ones are terrific!

i'm not a person who is into wearing orange, but i'm getting more used to it since daughter is in the marching band at a school with orange&black as colors. [OK, so they were my colors back in the day. perhaps i'm becoming more open-minded.]

RageyOne said...

Oh! I love all of the colors! So bright!

Marlene said...

So bright! I love it!

Ampersand said...

I love these. I would wear one if they were adult sizes.

The repetition makes for a great image.

Yankee, Transferred said...

ampersand, I would wear them, too!

Cloudscome said...

And I thought it was girls who had all the cute clothes...

ccw said...

I love the orange ones. I would buy one for me and Mr. MFBA. Of course, we would not wear them at the same time.