Monday, February 18, 2008

49/365+1:Take Me Away


49/365+1:Take Me Away, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

Several years ago, I hated my job. I dreaded going in every morning and was miserable all day. For my birthday that year, The World's Best Bleeding Heart Attorney gave me this Zen Beach in a Box for my office-a place where I could go in my mind to distract me from the troubles of the day. It has been a long time since I was unhappy at work, but I have carted this beach with me from office to office. We are getting ready to move to new office space, and I am faced with packing it up and getting it over there. I tell you something: these days, I stare at the thing more and more.
I won't have a window in my new office, and that bums me out. Where I am now, I get great light all day from the south.

18 comments:

Baron Von Barron said...

Offices without windows should be illegal.

I love this picture.

Rev Dr Mom said...

ooops....logged in under the Kid's blogger name, which he doesn't even use anymore.

Yankee, Transferred said...

RDM: Love the Kid's name, though!

BrightStar said...

I absolutely LOVE this! So cute. The colors are great. The lighting is fantastic. Wonderful shot.

I am moving out of an office without a window to an office with a window. I have been without a window for 3.5 years, so I sympathize. I hope your window-less situation is not permanent.

Ianqui said...

Love this! The lighting is especially good, too.

Marlene said...

This is so adorable.

RageyOne said...

Beautiful pic. :( Sorry you are moving to a windowless office. That bites.

Marcia said...

This is a great shot--the light and colors and focus! Plus, it's cute. I'd love to have one in my windowless cube.

Gawdess said...

the light is fantastic - what a wonderful thing from a obviously a wonderful person.

Karin said...

This is so cute! Your own little miniature beach :)

Moi said...

love the light on this one..it transports me back to Florida...which seems like lightyears away now!!!!:(

angelfeet said...

Boo on the window-less office. Do you think you could paint your own one on the walls?

Love your mini-beach and how you've captured the scene.

kathy a. said...

i love your beach!

boo on the office move -- both the move part and the no windows part.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Yeah, y'all, the no windows part is really going to be an adjustment. Many days, where I am now, I work without overhead light because so much sunlight streams in. The Attorney already told me she'd buy me some cool lamps for the new space.

Ampersand said...

Aww, I love that little zen box. I'm sorry you are losing your sunlight. :(

Scrivener said...

No window sucks. Are you gonna get a big poster with a window or a beach scene and put it up?

ccw said...

No windows should be a crime. Mr. MFBA is not near a window and when I ask him if she the big storm, etc the answer is always no.

I love the veach zen garden. I need one of these.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have no office window. 12 years with no window. Maybe THAT is my problem! I am sorry that you have to leave your window behind.

I LOVE that Zen beach! Too cute!