Sunday, January 13, 2008

13/365+1:The Morning After


Dawn Stairs, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

At 6 a.m., while the whole house slept, I crept back downstairs to grab the paper and turn on the heat. Although I'm not happy with the amount of light that I had to let in through the window in this shot, I think it gives a nice contrast-a cold(ish) winter morning after a nighttime warmth. I love my tripod!

Just as an aside, these walls are neither the band-aid color they appear below, nor the pepto-bismol color they appear here. They're soft peach. Maybe if I ever used the flash on my camera, you'd see that.

10 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

I love your stairs--both pix.

And I need a tripod!

Gawdess said...

I see soft peach in the walls!
BTW I love how crisp the shot is, tripods are wonderful for that.

itofoto said...

Your house looks gorgeous.

Scrivener said...

I like the light streaming through the windows. And I like the composition of this shot--it's hard to get a picture that brings out the character of a stairway or a corner of a room.

Ampersand said...

Oh, I love seeing the differences in the light. Both are wonderful.

And ditto Scrivener, it is hard to get good shot like this.

Karin said...

It's neat seeing the same scene at different times of the day. What a great idea!

BruceRV said...

Loved seeing that stairwell again :)
I actually found the pink photo more appealing, I think, because the sliver of light coming in the left-most window and the reflection in the glass print on the right seemed to frame the whole shot nicely.
Thank you...

Anonymous said...

I love your house. I'm so glad you found it. --Sis

Cloudscome said...

This is totally beautiful. I love your house. This is exactly my kind of morning!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.