Saturday, January 26, 2008

26/365+1:Painted Wall Series-The Inconvenient Store

I try to do something alone with each of my daughters when I can. This morning, Younger Daughter and I slipped out of the house at 7:15 to head to the coffee shop where I am a frequent visitor. She got her vanilla steamer, I got my coffee, and we set off on a photography expedition through the streets of our city. This painted wall is on the side of the store we call the "Inconvenient Store" just down the street from our house, so named because they never have anything we need in a pinch.

10 comments:

Karin said...

What a lovely wall! This one is my favorite so far :)

itofoto said...

Wow, that is so beautiful! I love it!!

Gawdess said...

again with the fresh colours!
I think you are doing a great job of capturing them with your camera!

angelfeet said...

Hey, we have an Inconvenient store too! It's a great mural. i particularly like the phone boxes painted behind the actual phone booth.

Rev Dr Mom said...

I love this mural! Great shot.

Sandie said...

Really neat shot! Your city has lots of character.

Cloudscome said...

Ha Ha I thought it was inconvenient because the doors were never really open...

Ampersand said...

the mural makes the inconvenient store look really quaint. :)

Anonymous said...

They ought to rename it The Inconvenient Store. I can picture a big, semicircular lit sign over it.

Love the photo and the mural.

--Sis

kathy a. said...

this is fabulous! our 7-11 is only decorated with company-produced posters and the occasional after-school wad of disaffected teens.