Tuesday, January 15, 2008

15/365+1:How Much Wood Would A Woodchuck Chuck?


How Much Wood, originally uploaded by Yankee T.

When we used to get wood from a "wood guy", he would deliver it and stack it neatly on the porch or the back deck. This wood, all helter skelter, was placed there lovingly as a gift from someone. It's quite green, it won't burn, and it's a mess on our porch, but the generosity and kindness it represents makes me love it nonetheless. I figure by next winter, it might burn.

4 comments:

Gawdess said...

I like the sunlight spilling over the top and I do love the textures and colours of the logs.

Reughr said...

i agree, i like how the light starts and trickles over the top logs.

Rev Dr Mom said...

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck would chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood. (and I can say it fast, too!)

What a nice gesture to give you wood!

kathy a. said...

what a sweet gift!